Sea Tow Services International, the Sea Tow Foundation and Sea Insure have jointly provided a $15,000 Corporate Sponsorship to America’s Boating Club (formerly United States Power Squadrons) – strengthening the groups’ existing partnership to provide added safety and education options for boaters all over.
“United States Power Squadrons has had a long-standing relationship with Sea Tow,” said Chief Commander Gary Cheney, Senior Navigator for ABC. “I appreciate their sponsorship and dedication to our mission and I look forward to working with them towards boating safety.”
An official Memorandum of Understanding was signed at ABC’s Governing Board meeting on August 18, 2018 in Minneapolis. Details include the following benefits:
- Sea Tow will continue to offer all boaters who complete ABC’s course a free 60-day Sea Tow membership.
- Members of ABC will receive a $20 discount each year on a Sea Tow membership.
- ABC will continue to host Sea Tow Automated Radio Check locations and add new ones as they stress the importance of VHF radio usage.
- ABC will continue to establish and maintain Sea Tow Foundation Life Jacket Loaner Stations around the country and will continue to promote the Sea Tow Foundation’s Designated Sober Skipper message through ABC squadrons at the local level.
- ABC’s Vessel Safety Checks will be made available to Sea Tow members through coordination with local Sea Tow Captains and local ABC squadrons.
- Sea Insure will offer boat insurance packages specifically for ABC Members. And, with the diminishing deductible feature of Sea Insure, if a boater doesn’t have a loss for 5 years in a row, their deductible will be $0.
“These benefits – both new and old – are just another example of the special relationships that exist within the boating community,” said Joseph Frohnhoefer III, CEO of Sea Tow Services International. “Together, we’re helping to ensure that boaters of all ages have a fun and safe day out on the water each and every time. After all, that’s what boating is all about.”